A Lesson from a Bamboo Piece!

April-2024 - As we were returning from the Kodungallur temple compound after the Bharani festival yesterday, he suddenly found something, then bent down and picked up a small bamboo piece lying in the dust filled festive ground. I was about to stop and ask him to throw it away, but after a moment of thought felt to ignore - 

“Yes, no doubt it’s not advisable, but let me not stop and control each and everything they do, let them be themselves...and learn something on their own...” 

After I dropped him at his home and was about to leave after a tea, he came up with it again to me with something on it ! He had washed and cleaned it and then has wrote the event and date - "Ha, what a simple, beautiful memento it turned out to be!"

Had I stopped him from picking it from the dust, I might have curbed his thoughts, identity and the creativity! Luckily I didn't!

"Let’s nurture the freedom of expression, creativity and individuality (with a speck of caution) of the children even though it may be a little different from our expectations and our imaginations. Who knows they might surprise us with what they have inherent within them!”




No comments:

Post a Comment